Beltway Montessori Children’s House, Inc. (BMCH) Lead Elementary Teacher leads and grows a dynamic Montessori elementary program that provides care and education for children ages 6 to 9 years. BMCH is a parent-run childcare cooperative and school located in Greenbelt, MD providing AMI Montessori instruction for preschool children, as well as, full-time Montessori tutorial services for children registered as home-school students (Ages 5 through Age 11). The tutorial services are provided by MACTE certified guides.
The Lead Elementary Teacher is passionate about the education of children and plans and delivers thorough, engaging, Montessori-based lessons consistent with the mission and vision of BMCH.
The Lead Elementary Teacher collaborates with the Director and Lead Primary Teacher to carry out BMCH’s broad educational mission and policies as established by the Board of Directors and pledges to:
- Embrace and champion BMCH’s mission.
- Assist the Director and Lead Primary Teacher in maintaining licensing and accreditation requirements and compliance with all regulating agencies with the President.
- Implement standards of quality education and care while upholding the Montessori philosophy.
- Cultivate effective relationships with all constituents, including students, families, faculty, staff, board of directors, community members, and key stakeholders.
- Demonstrate accountability for assignments and responsibilities delegated by the Director and Lead Primary Teacher.
- Work with the Director and Lead Primary Teacher to foster a culturally and socio-economically diverse population.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining a harmonious Montessori classroom culture, paying particular attention to the needs of students.
- Carefully observe students’ individual progression through the classroom always being available to offer gentle guidance.
- Provide direction in arrival, lunch period, play period, setting and dismantling classroom.
- Supervise Elementary students and Assistant Teacher.
- Teach in a virtual environment when required due to health, well-being and safety of students and staff
- Participate in weekly staff meetings, as well as, all school events and conferences.
About Beltway Montessori Children's House
BMCH was founded in May 2019 by a group of dedicated parents who joined together to ensure children in Prince George’s County had access to a high-quality, affordable and results-oriented Montessori education. A commitment to children and their education is BMCH’s driving force. All children need and crave the opportunity to learn and demonstrate what they know to their peers, teachers, and parents. BMCH’s program strives to ensure that all families can access that opportunity. The mission of BMCH is to provide a nurturing environment that allows children to be themselves, progress at their own pace, and function in a larger community.