Do you want to have a positive impact on lives and continue to learn and grow personally and professionally?
The Montessori School of the Berkshires is looking for an Adolescent Experience Guide. The right person should have a strong understanding of Montessori philosophy and an eagerness to continue to learn and grow. We are committed to supporting our staff with continual professional development and growth opportunities.
DUTIES OF THE GUIDE
- Planning and executing lessons according to the Montessori Adolescent curriculum
- Working with small groups support students’ mastery of subject matter
- Assisting the Lead Guide in the responsibility for welfare, safety and development of the children
- Assisting the Lead Guide in knowing the whereabouts of the students at all times
- Maintaining a clean, orderly and attractive environment including upkeep and creation of materials
- Supporting children in their management of themselves and the class environment
- Supporting the AE Guides and Director in ensuring the flow of activities are productive and include smooth transitions
- Participating in the annual professional development process if requested by the HOS or Dir of Education
- Communicating clear and appropriate expectations to children
- Modeling a respectful tone within the school community
- Maintaining a quiet, collected, caring, demeanor and presence in the learning community
- Understand and promote the school’s mission, objectives, and policies to parents in a positive and supportive manner.
- Conduct one-self professionally by respecting student confidentiality, cooperating with staff members, working out differences in a mature and reasonable manner and communicating unresolved concerns with the Head of School.
- Attend appropriate faculty meetings and in-services.
- Read, work, and conduct oneself within the guidelines of the Staff Handbook and Crisis Manual.
- Complete CPR and First Aid training.
- Contribute to the health and wellness of the MSB community with a strong sense of purpose, humor, grace, and courtesy.
Join an inspiring workplace dedicated to supporting the social-emotional and academic growth of children 15 months through 8th grade!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
About Berkshire Montessori School
MSB is located in the beautiful and culturally rich Berkshire Hills of western Massachusetts. The school sits on 40 acres with about 120 students. A recent expansion included a large greenhouse, gymnasium, library, art space, and an adolescent classroom with full kitchen.