Blake Christian Academy (BCA) seeks a full time Lower Elementary Teacher/Guide (ages 6-9, Grade 1-3) for the 2021-2022 school year. BCA is seeking a highly motivated Lower Elementary Montessori Guide who will be responsible for providing a nurturing, productive learning environment in keeping with the mission and vision of the school.
The ideal candidate:
– excels at preparing the classroom environment, taking responsibility for creating and maintaining an orderly, safe, and appropriately challenging learning environment for students
– has a background in education and enjoys working with students ages 6-9, Grade 1-3
– is able to ensure the physical and emotional safety and well-being of the students
– is organized, flexible, efficient, creative, comfortable with technology, and a problem-solver
– has a working knowledge of the elementary content in all subject areas
– is able to model integrity, curiosity, and respect
– is an excellent communicator, interacting with children, families, and coworkers in a warm, compassionate, empathetic, and confident manner
The position requires attendance at occasional evening school events and monthly after school staff meetings. Due to the potential for a mandated school building closure during the 2021-2022 school year, the successful candidate should also be prepared to transition to a distance learning program model if needed. Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree or beyond in related field. Montessori certification for ages 6-9 or in training (preferred). Willingness to undertake Montessori Training for Grades 1-3 for two summers (if not certified). Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject: Lower Elementary Lead Teacher: Your Name.
About Blake Christian Academy
Blake Christian Academy is a nationally accredited (ILCS) Montessori-based school located in Lake Helen, FL (20 minutes from Daytona Beach/35 minutes from Orlando). Established in 1998 as a small hands-on preschool, it is now a well-known private Montessori school serving Toddlers through Upper Elementary, and expanding to Middle School in the next two years.