Join our staff as the Director of a community-focused Montessori school serving students ages 3-12 in the dynamic and complex city of New Orleans.
Our in-coming director will:
- Manage the overall daily operations of the school and see that programs and curriculum are developed and implemented to ensure an enriching and healthy Montessori environment
- Demonstrate strong and effective communications with faculty, parents, trustees and broader members of the community
- Support and lead the professional growth of the teaching staff; supervising, modeling for and motivating classroom performance of faculty with respect, compassion, and healthy feedback
- Review, refine and maintain curriculum standards, ensuring compliance with all accreditation requirements of state agencies (Louisiana Montessori Association and Louisiana Department of Education)
- Oversee all steps of admission and enrollment for thoughtful recruitment and admissions process, and retention of student body
- Work closely with business manager on monthly payroll and expenditure
- Lead school fundraising and philanthropy efforts and build an invested parent group
- The Director will report to the Head of Operations & President of the Board of Trustees, together with whom, s(he) will develop long-range planning, annual budgets, school policies and programs.
Qualifications that would make a candidate successful in this position:
- Experience & Training in School Administration, preferably Montessori
- Knowledge of Montessori philosophy and curriculum
- Master‘s degree in an applicable field of education
- Three years of teaching experience
- Three or more years of teaching experience
- Previous administrative experience at the elementary level
- Montessori experience and training
- Demonstrated commitment to and compatibility with Montessori beliefs and philosophy
- Experience in multi-age, elementary educational setting
- Experience in developing marketing plans and recruiting new students
About Cathedral Montessori School
Cathedral Montessori School (CMS) was established in New Orleans in 2010 to expand school choice in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. Since its founding, the school has expanded from a single primary class in its first years of operation to three primary classes and two elementary (lower and upper) classes that now serve students ages three to twelve. In 2018 the school expanded its campus with the addition of a new building, and in 2020, the school introduced an additional indoor/outdoor classroom. CMS is an independent Montessori school in the New Orleans area, serving both primary and elementary students. Opportunities for the next phase of the school’s growth include continuing professional development and leadership of dedicated Montessori-trained staff, creating positive & growth-oriented feedback loops, and continued formalization of systems, which have grown organically with the expansion of the school.
Having grown from the benevolence of the Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Cathedral, Cathedral Montessori celebrates diversity of culture, tradition, and faith. It is our mission to prepare students for a life of independent and self-directed learning in a community that fosters a love of knowledge, pride in individual difference, and a harmonious relationship with the social and natural environment.