Are you eager to collaborate with amazing educators?? Would you like to help children develop skills to be amazing people and future leaders? If so, join our Montessori School community as a part-time Substitute Teacher!
We are looking to add flexible substitute teachers and support staff to our on-call list. This position will support multiple mixed-age Montessori classrooms, serving children between the ages of 8 weeks to 6 years. No formal Montessori training is needed to apply; we will provide essential substitute training as part of your orientation and on-boarding. This is an on-call position where we will reach out to you as-needed to provide coverage when our teachers are out sick or on vacation.
The Substitute role is a great introduction to Children’s Workshop Montessori School! Our substitutes often transition into permanent employment with us when new openings become available. If you love children and have been looking for the right opportunity to join a school community or if you are seeking a rewarding part-time employment opportunity, please read more!
- High School Diploma & minimum qualifications for Department of Human Service Licensed Child Care.
- Experience working with young children (ages 8 weeks-6 years old).
- Warm and friendly demeanor.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Have the physical capacity to work with infants through Kindergarten aged children: the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands, talk, and listen. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to bend, stoop, crouch, and physically assist young children. The employee must frequently lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 30 pounds. Good hand-eye coordination and vision are necessary to operate various pieces of office equipment and to complete daily cleaning processes.
- Willingness to be trained in health and safety practices and Montessori philosophy.
- Willingness to undergo a mandatory background study.
- Opportunity to gain experience or utilize a skill set within a collaborative environment
- Potential for permanent employment as new vacancies may become available
- Flexible schedule
- Opportunity to serve in a rewarding position
Up to $17.00 per hour, commensurate with experience.
Apply today! Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Children’s Workshop Montessori
Children’s Workshop Montessori is an independent non-profit and an Association Montessori Internationale (AMI) recognized Montessori school for children ages 8 weeks through Kindergarten.
Children's Workshop offers a nationally and internationally recognized Montessori curriculum provided by a highly trained and talented faculty. Not only do we maintain the highest standards of Montessori education, children experience Spanish as a second language from 16 months through Kindergarten. All of this occurs in our warm, nurturing, learning environment.
Since 1987, the aim of Children’s Workshop Montessori has been to develop within the child a global vision, a life-long love of learning and a sense of responsibility toward humanity. All aspects of the Montessori experience come together to foster the development of integrated, committed, respectful, loving and caring human beings.
Lead teachers, assistant teachers, and teaching aides work together to:
Creating a beautiful Montessori learning classroom for children.
Creating a joyful, loving, peaceful learning environment.
Meeting the individual needs of each child.
Planning and implementing activities and educational lessons for each child to help them reach their full potential.
Engaging children in joyful learning experiences to nurture their growth.
Acting in a respectful, caring, professional way with children, staff, and parents.
All staff members strive for the following characteristics in their work: excellence, kindness, positivity, competence, innovation, collaboration, respect, resourcefulness, flexibility and accountability.