Lead a group of 2.5 to 6 year-old children as well as assistant staff in creating an academically and socially supportive Montessori community. Admissions at CMC are ongoing, or rolling, with the goal of creating communities of 24 children, balanced in age, gendered traits, and other needs. Each Children’s House team will be comprised of three individuals: the Guide and two Assistants. Assistants’ schedules will include Before and After Care hours and will overlap only in the middle of the school day to support lunch, outdoor time, nap and staff breaks. Full-year or school-year only employment options at Community Montessori Columbus will be based on staff interest and summer enrollment levels.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
– Bachelor’s Degree in any field
– AMI Primary Diploma
– At least three years experience working in a Montessori setting in any capacity
– A deep sense of the value of order and consistency in the creation and maintenance of classroom schedules and the prepared environment
– An authoritative approach to discipline where high levels of warmth and support are coupled with high expectations and consistent boundaries
– Intellectual curiosity and an ability to model a lifelong love of learning and developing new skills
– Commitment to the values outlined in CMC’s mission
– An ability to effectively communicate with families of students in ways that exercise discretion, respect the child, and are responsive to individual dispositions and backgrounds
– Ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs, stay on feet and active for large portions of each work day, and model appropriate physical activity for children, indoors and out
– Comfort and ability with cloud based record keeping, attendance, and communication platforms
– Ability to provide proof of or obtain up-to-date vaccination against: Diphtheria; Tetanus; Pertussis; Measles; Mumps; Rubella; and COVID-19. For us, “up-to-date” vaccination against COVID-19 means that a person a) has received every COVID vaccination shot for which they are individually eligible OR b) are within 30 days of first becoming eligible for a shot in their unique eligibility series. A negative tuberculosis test may also be required.
About Community Montessori Columbus
Community Montessori Columbus is a 501(c)(3) public charity child care center in Columbus, Ohio (US) entering our second year of operation. Our mission is to provide affordable, fully-implemented Montessori education and child care to an intentionally diverse group of families in ways that promote social and environmental responsibility. Our unique sliding scale fees, partnership with the state in offering publicly funded child care to low-income families, and location in a mid-century church near the crossroads of many diverse neighborhoods come together to make us highly accessible to many families.