Position Summary: The Spanish teacher at Escuela works with a range of ages, from Primary (3-6 years) to Elementary and Jr. High (6-15 years). Curriculum has been developed for this teacher, however there is also room to build and adapt offerings in order to respond to needs and opportunities of students and community. For example, supporting bilingual students in their growth, incorporating exhibits at the NHCC or Albuquerque Museum, and collaborating with the music and art teachers on multi-disciplinary projects.
· Work with classroom teachers and level coordinators to create and deliver lesson plans; details and examples follow.
· Offer oral exposure to Spanish by playing games, leading activities, singing songs, reading stories, etc., with a range of ages.
· Give small group lessons to introduce and practice conversation, vocabulary, grammar, etc., with Elementary and Jr. High students.
· Support growing understanding and abilities with older students through increasingly sophisticated lessons and follow-up work (work students do after your lesson).
· Communicate with classroom teachers so they can support students’ practice and projects (their follow-up work).
· Offer cultural and historical information and perspective through storytelling, art projects, cooking projects, and other means (people, significant events, music, etc.)
· Attend meetings: all staff, level meetings, and any special meeting(s) requested by the administration.
· Work collaboratively w/ staff to create a positive environment for exploration and learning.
Please apply at https://escueladelsol.wufoo.com/forms/employment-application-spanish-teacher/
About Escuela del Sol Montessori
Escuela del Sol is the first fully accredited Montessori school in New Mexico. Together with its Harwood Art Center, Escuela is a unique and inspiring learning community. The school remains open to students on campus during the pandemic while following strict protocols for keeping our community safe.