Elementary or Primary Guide for 2021-2022
The Guide is in charge of the care of the students, the lessons given in both the Montessori Curriculum and the TEKS, and the general care of the classroom including the materials. The Guide supports Goodwater Montessori School’s commitment to realizing its mission, vision, and values.
Reports to: Curriculum Coach
Number of Days: 183
Essential Knowledge and Skills
• Excellent knowledge of Montessori principles, theory, and best practices
• Excellent communication skills with students, parents, and staff
• Excellent collaboration skills with students, parents, and staff
• Excellent record-keeping skills using Transparent Classroom
Major Duties and Responsibilities
• Consistently perform in support of Goodwater Montessori’s mission, vision, and values
• Model exceptional character and ethical standards in guiding students at all times
• Effectively and respectfully communicate with students, parents, and staff to ensure collaboration
• Ensure that academic requirements and goals meet in the development of the whole child
• Implement appropriate teaching strategies to ensure achievement of academic growth in both the Montessori and TEKS curricula
• Work closely with the registrar to provide accurate and timely reporting of student data
• Collaborate with teachers to create useful and applicable strategies for curriculum alignment
• Maintain the highest standard of Montessori instruction which is reflected in Albums • Maintain impeccable student progress data and effectively communicate it to parents
• Work with other guides to promote a collaborative approach to student assessment • Maintain the highest standards with regard to the prepared indoor and outdoor environments
• Work collaboratively with the assistant to ensure the safety and well-being of all students
• Ensure that the assistant is trained in best practices in the classroom
• Attend and participate fully in all staff and level meetings
• Attend school functions such as parent meetings and fundraisers as requested by the Administration Team
• Other duties as needed
Education and Work Experience
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• AMI, AMS, or MACTE certification, or in training for Montessori Diploma
• TEA Teaching Certification Preferred
Goodwater Montessori Public Charter School provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, Goodwater complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
About Goodwater Montessori School
Goodwater Montessori School is a public charter school for PK3-8th grade. A collaborative, positive, and inclusive environment fostering the Montessori method of learning. We have exceptional student learning environments including an orchard, student kitchen, garden, outdoor classrooms, and an extensive collection of Montessori materials.