The Guide is in charge of the care of the students, the lessons given in both the Montessori
Curriculum and the TEKS, and the general care of the classroom including the materials. The
The guide supports Goodwater Montessori School’s commitment to realizing its Mission, Vision,
Number of Days:
Director, Instruction and Student Services
Essential Knowledge and Skills
• Excellent knowledge of Montessori Principles, Theory, and Best Practices
• Excellent communication skills with students, parents, and staff
• Excellent collaboration skills with students, parents, and staff
• Excellent record-keeping skills using Transparent Classroom
Major Duties and Responsibilities
• Consistently perform in support of Goodwater Montessori’s mission, vision, and values.
• Model exceptional character and ethical standards in guiding students at all times.
• Effectively and respectfully communicate with students, parents, and staff to ensure
• Ensure that academic requirements and goals meet in the development of the whole
• Implement appropriate teaching strategies to ensure achievement of academic growth
in both the Montessori and TEKS curricula.
• Work closely with Registrar to provide accurate and timely reporting of student data.
• Collaborate with teachers to create useful and applicable strategies for curriculum
• Maintain the highest standard of Montessori instruction which is reflected in Albums
• Maintain impeccable student progress data and effectively communicate it to parents.
Goodwater Montessori Public Charter School provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees
and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In
addition to federal law requirements, Goodwater complies with all applicable state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment.
• Work with other guides to promote a collaborative approach to student assessment.
• Maintain the highest standards with regard to the prepared indoor and outdoor
• Work collaboratively with the Assistant to ensure the safety and well-being of all
• Ensure that the Assistant is trained in best practices in the classroom and other parts of
• Attend and participate fully in all staff and level meetings.
• Attend school functions such as parent meetings and fundraisers as requested by the
• Other duties as needed.
Education and Work Experience
• Bachelor’s degree.
• AMI, AMS, or MACTE certification, or in training for Montessori Diploma for the appropriate
• Texas Teacher Certification Preferred.
• ESL Certification Preferred.
About Goodwater Montessori School
Goodwater Montessori School is a public charter school for PK3-8th grade. A collaborative, positive, and inclusive environment fostering the Montessori method of learning. We have exceptional student learning environments including an orchard, student kitchen, garden, outdoor classrooms, and an extensive collection of Montessori materials.