Harpeth Montessori is an authentic Montessori school that seeks an experienced guides and assistants for multiple classrooms including 2 Primary, an Upper Elementary, and Lower Elementary for the 2021-2022 school year. These are full-time positions working in classrooms of approximately 24 students. The candidate must be aligned with our organizational mission and values and have a growth mindset. This position requires leadership and conflict resolution skills as it is a co-teaching environment. We desire an individual who embraces the Montessori philosophy and exhibits a deep respect for children and a true love of learning. Candidates must be 21 years of age or older, possess an undergraduate degree, and have teaching experience. To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mission: To provide children the tools to live happy and fulfilled lives.
· Teaching children how to think and not what to think
· Problem solving is more important that memorizing facts and answers
· Being outdoors everyday is essential for children’s well-being
· Support and respect for one’s self and others
· The journey is equally as important as the destination
· Character matters
· Growth mindset and love of learning
· Cherish economic, political, and religious freedom
Key Candidate Skills and Attributes:
· Alignment with mission and values (see above).
· Humble- Quick to point out the contributions of others and slow to seek attention for their own. Share credit, emphasize the team, and define success based on team’s overall mission.
· Hungry- Growth mindset. Always looking to do more and learn more. Self-motivated and does not need to be pushed by a manager. Constantly thinking about the next step and next opportunity.
· Smart- Common sense about people. Tend to know what is happening in a group situation and how to deal with others in the most effective way. Good judgement and intuition around the subtleties of group dynamics and the impact of words and actions.
· Passion for early childhood education and the Montessori pedagogy.
· AMS or AMI certified
· At least 3 year of experience working in a Montessori classroom
· Meet the Tennessee Department of Education requirements for a teacher
Compensation: Compensation will be competitive and based on experience
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Professional Development Support, Tuition Remission, Paid Breaks,
Holidays, Personal, and Sick Days
About Harpeth Montessori
We are an authentic Montessori school in the heart of Franklin TN. Our missions is simple. To provide children the tools to live happy and fulfilled lives.