Do you want to guide children to learn and grow at their own pace? Are you passionate about learning and about helping others fall in love with learning? If so, LAMB may be the right place for you. Join our team!
LAMB is accepting applications for Primary Montessori Teachers to work at our school in Washington, DC. LAMB offers a unique model that provides bilingual Montessori public education to diverse, urban families in the nation’s capital. Serving children in PK3 through 5th grade, LAMB is a community that embraces our active parent community and maintains a staff that is committed to children and promotes peace and equality for all.
- Duties and Responsibilities
Be responsible for the welfare, safety, and educational achievements of students;
- Collaborate with co-teacher to deliver the bilingual Montessori primary curriculum, ensure that learning standards are met, and maintain and manage a positive learning environment;
- Develop reading and writing skills and teach across content areas utilizing the Montessori Curriculum and materials in the targeted language.
- Develop Montessori materials for the targeted language and all areas of the classroom;
- Maintain records of children’s progress utilizing a web-based program and other assessment tools to track mastery within the sequence of the Montessori curriculum;
- Collaborate with co-teacher to plan instruction and special activities and arrange and supervise field trips;
- Participate in meetings, trainings, and/or planning cooperatives to fully serve children’s needs;
- Participate in parent conferences and meetings throughout the school year, communicate with parents in accordance with school policy, and promote the school’s mission, objectives, and policies to parents;
- Provide interns (if applicable) with a clear description of their duties and support their growth;
- Understand the school’s mission and objectives and comply with policies;
- Meet with Principal to develop solutions for any parent, staff, or school-related challenges, as needed;
- Partake in the teacher evaluation process; and
- Be available to assist with support duties.
- Possess Primary Certification in Montessori education; If not currently certified the applicant must be enrolled in or willing to enroll in a Montessori training program;
- Native speaker of the modeling language (English or Spanish) and commitment to learn a second language (English or Spanish);
- Have extensive experience working in early childhood programs and/or experience in dual-language education;
- Ability to work with students of various abilities, including those with various identified exceptionalities;
- Possess the ability to work in a multicultural, bilingual environment;
- Meet health requirements, including immunizations and completing a TB test screening; and
- Submit necessary documents for a completed personnel file, including three references, diplomas, transcripts, and fingerprinting and clearance forms.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Generous benefits package includes medical insurance (health, dental, & vision), retirement plan, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, flexible spending account (medical, dependent care, and transit), and vacation/sick leave.
Interested applicants should email cover letter including salary requirements and resume to Anna Marie Yombo, HR Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only applicants meeting minimum qualifications for the position will be considered. Successful completion of a background investigation is required for employment in this position. LAMB welcomes resumes from all qualified applicants. No phone calls and no employment agencies please.
The Latin American Montessori Bilingual Public Charter School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs and activities.
About Latin American Montessori Bilingual Public Charter School (LAMB)
LAMB offers a unique model that provides bilingual Montessori public education to diverse, urban families in the Nation’s Capital. LAMB serves children in PK3 through 5th grade. Since children must begin attending the school at three, four, or five years old, LAMB is a community that embraces our active parent community and maintains a staff that is committed to children and promotes peace and equality for all.