Montessori Classroom Assistant
Lewis & Clark Montessori Charter School is seeking a Montessori Classroom Assistant to work from 7:15 am until 4:00pm Mon-Thu (Late August through Early June). Applicant should be prepared to work in a classroom setting and work cohesively with the lead teachers. The job duties range from organizing materials and cleaning the workspace to facilitating the learning process for each child. Assistants support the Montessori teaching method and help guide the child through self-directed activities.
Other Daily Responsibilities Include
- Getting the classroom environment ready for lessons.
- Listening to children read or reading to them.
- Helping children who need support to complete tasks.
- Helping teachers to prepare learning activities and materials.
- Support teachers in managing class behavior.
- Supervise and guide students during various activities both indoors and outdoors – including camping and field trips.
- Provide a safe environment by maintaining orderly, clean, and appealing facilities
- Follow and enforce school standards and procedures
- Communicate and collaborate with school faculty
Skills / Qualifications:
A college degree is preferred; this position is perfect for aspiring teachers.
The position does not require prior experience but does require a willingness to learn, the ability to accept all feedback and implement suggestions as prescribed.
Excellent verbal communication skills and emotional control are required for a bustling environment.
Please send a resume and letter of interest to Courtney McWilliams, Executive Director