Montessori Center School in Goleta, California is looking for a Computer Specialist for the 2022-2023 school year beginning in August of 2022. MCS is the largest Montessori school in the Santa Barbara area and serves students from 18 months – 6th grade with an enrollment of approximately 240 students.
The Computer Specialist is responsible for instructing upper elementary students (4th-6th grade) once a week on Mondays. This is a part-time position for 10-12 hours per week. Opportunities to lead extracurricular classes in robotics possible if applicant possesses the right qualifications.
Job duties include:
· Creating a computer curriculum for 4th-6th graders
· Delivering well-organized, interactive lessons each week
· Maintaining laptops for students
· Assisting with tech support for the school when needed (regular support already in place)
· Providing digital citizenship instruction
· Encouraging responsible, safe computer & internet usage through instruction
· Participating in all-school events, all-staff/level meetings
· Collaborating with faculty & staff with a team-player mindset
· Excellent communication skills
· Strong computer background
· Effective Classroom Management
· Clear, well-prepared lessons
· Understanding & appreciation for Montessori philosophy
· At least 3 years’ classroom experience instructing elementary students in computer technology
· Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science
· Montessori training not required
Salary will depend on education and experience. To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter, resume, and references to Melanie Jacobs, Head of School at email@example.com. Live Scan clearance, CPR training and COVID-19 vaccination and booster(s) are required for this position.
Montessori Center School is an Equal Opportunity Employer licensed by the DSS (Lic# 426205239)
About Montessori Center School
We are a non profit private Montessori school located just north of Santa Barbara, California. We have been in existence since 1965 and are the largest and oldest Montessori school in the area. Vision: Our vision is an authentic Montessori environment within a collaborative, engaged community of positive role models who guide the development of each child’s human potential.Mission: Our mission is to honor and develop the whole child from 18 months through sixth grade. We provide a nurturing, educational environment authentic to Montessori principles by fostering independent, compassionate, respectful, self-motivated, creative, life-long learners who will become positive forces to care for and transform our world.Core Values:Development of the Whole Child – We nurture the social, emotional, mental, spiritual, and physical development of children to prepare them for life.Academic Excellence – We create a rich, academic environment in which students achieve their full potential as independent, curious, and resourceful thinkers and learners.Learner Empowerment – Through collaboration and individualized support, we guide students’ love of learning through exploration and the unique expression of their interests, skills, and talents.Family & Community – Through the Montessori principles of grace and courtesy, we engage as a supportive community by living the mission of MCS.Respect for All – We cultivate respect for self, others, our environment, and our global community.