Montessori Plus International is a small-scale, top-quality, diverse and bilingual (English & Mandarin Chinese) pre-K school/childcare center serving children 3-6 years old. We are seeking like-minded professionals who share our passion for early-childhood education. Our hope is to find a long-term team member who will share the lifestyle and professional journey with us at the school we value and love wholeheartedly.
You may be a great fit for us if you:
1. consider Early Childhood Education as a career, not a job.
2. LOVE, RESPECT, and BELIEVE in EACH child. – This has to be shown not just in words, but in everyday practice.
3. are confident and experienced in coaching social-emotional skills and using positive guidance. If you are not experienced but have the right temperament (positive, patient, kind, understanding, in tune with children, not easily stressed) for working with children and are genuinely eager to learn the best practice, we are willing to consider you as a candidate.
4. have a Montessori teaching certificate and are experienced in teaching the Montessori curriculum. (If you have an Early Childhood Education degree and are willing to pursue a Montessori teaching certificate, we are open to considering you as a candidate. For the right candidate, we are willing to invest in your Montessori education.)
5. have 2+ years of experience working with children in a licensed childcare facility or school OR a degree in early childhood education or a related field.
6. have the ability to take direction from the MPI director and work respectfully and cooperatively with all team members.
7. have strong work ethics, are reliable and responsible.
The benefits from working with us include:
1. Competitive pay with benefits and paid professional training hours.
a. Our pay is competitive in the Early Child Education Field. (Lead teacher starting at $17-20/hr; Assistant Teacher starting at $14-15/hr; all based on credentials and experiences.)
b. Benefits: paid holidays, paid personal/sick days, paid vacation, the option of retirement plan with school contribution, and option to purchase medical insurance.
c. Paid professional training hours.
2. A positive, pleasant, warm, supportive, and professional work environment.
3. A great school community.
4. Opportunities to keep growing professionally.
Lead Teacher or Co-Lead Teacher, part-time or full-time. If you fit in terms of teaching philosophy and practice, professional standards and ethics, we are willing to figure out a schedule that works best for you.
If you do not have a Montessori teaching certificate but are a good fit otherwise, you may start as an assistant teacher, with the goal of becoming a lead teacher within a couple of years after completion of Montessori Training.
There is a 3-month probation period.
1. First Aid/CPR certification prior to working with MPI children.
2. Willingness to follow a training plan to complete licensing requirements & STARS to Quality requirements in a timely manner.
If interested, please submit a cover letter indicating your reasons for application, a statement of purpose, a resume/CV, and 2 references by email. Reference letters are encouraged.
Reviews and interviews will start as soon as possible until positions are filled.
Our school year runs from late August to early/mid-June, mostly following the Missoula Public School Calendar. We do run a summer program, so summer work opportunity is available, too.
As our goal is to find a great fit for our program without any urgent need to fill a vacancy, starting time of this position is flexible – it can be anytime in spring, summer, or fall.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time