The National Center for Montessori in the Public Sector (NCMPS) is seeking trained, experienced Montessori teachers to present Primary and Elementary lessons from NCMPS albums on videorecordings for our Montessori Teacher Residency (MTR).
Recordings will be made under NCMPS supervision in multiple sessions in one or more of four locations (Washington, DC; Hartford, CT; Denver, CO; and Sussex County, DE) beginning in April 2021 and continuing through December 2021, on a schedule to be determined. Presenters will need to be on location for recording for two to three full days for each session, which may be scheduled on weekends to accommodate working teachers. Applicants will be considered for one, several, or all sessions.
- Advance preparation:
- Study NCMPS lesson outlines, working with the supervisor to clarify questions or concerns in preparation for recording.
- Identity any additional materials needed for presentations.
- Be present at the specified location for six to ten hours per day over the course a two to three day session as agreed to in advance.
- Set up the environment and materials needed for the presentations.
- Present NCMPS Montessori lessons for videorecording using precise movements and clarity of language, while modeling how to engage children appropriately given their developmental level(s).
- Handle materials and follow the lesson presentations as written in the NCMPS albums.
- Demonstrate the flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability to work with a team on this fun but intense project in order to ensure that deadlines are hit with the highest quality product.
- Commit to doing what it takes to produce video that presents high fidelity, relatable, and replicable instruction in the Montessori method.
Skills and Qualifications:
- An AMI, AMS, or other MACTE affiliate Montessori teaching credential.
- Extensive experience teaching with Montessori materials (at least three years of classroom teaching experience following receipt of Montessori credential).
- Strong lesson presentation skills including precision in movement, clarity of language, and attention to detail
- Comfort on camera
- Persistence in filming and retakes
- Open mindedness and willingness to be coached and adjust performance in order to ensure consistent high-quality delivery
Locations: Recordings will be made in one or more of four locations (Washington, DC; Hartford, CT; Denver, CO; and Sussex County, DE). Presenters must be present for recording sessions.
Time and Compensation: This work will be completed between April 2021 and December 2021 on a contract basis. Recording sessions take place over two to three days on weekends or during the week on a schedule to be determined.
EOE: Applications from all qualified candidates encouraged regardless of race, religion, ability, age, gender or sexual orientation.
Application: These positions are open immediately. Interested candidates should send:
- a resume that includes Montessori training and classroom experience
- a sample video presentation of a Montessori lesson of your choice
to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line of “MTR Video Lesson Presenter Application”.
About National Center for Montessori in the Public Sector
The National Center for Montessori in the Public Sector (NCMPS) is a national nonprofit supporting public Montessori education.