Pacific Crest School seeks an Assistant Head of School for the 2021-2022 school year and beyond, with a start date as early as June 2021.
The Assistant Head of School works in tandem with the Head of School, focusing on supporting students, staff, and families, and providing leadership in all aspects of the school. There is a wide range of responsibilities offered in this position, and the ideal candidate will be willing and enthusiastic to assist where needed.
All candidates should have Montessori classroom and/or leadership experience in the field of education, along with excellent interpersonal skills, sense of humor, and an interest in engaging in the school community, while advocating for students, supporting parents, and collaborating with faculty and staff to nurture an exemplary Montessori community.
- Provide leadership in day-to-day operations and administrative activities
- Manage and mentor administrative staff as needed
- Hire, onboard, and coach classroom assistant staff to meet staffing needs
- Lead and implement a variety of school initiatives and topics from the strategic plan, including capital improvements to school campuses and related development campaigns
- Oversee administrative compliance with state licensing requirements
- Participate in marketing and communications strategy and implementation
- Manage aspects of Human Resources along with the Business Manager, including the Employee Handbook, policies and procedures, and staffing schedules and resources
- Strategize and plan extra-curricular and summer programs
- Demonstrate the importance of personal and professional growth and support administrative and support staff in their growth
- Support all aspects of the school as needed when Head of School is off campus
- Bachelor degree or higher
- Educational philosophy consistent with the PCS mission
- Strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and relationship skills
- Organizational and project management skills
- Computer skills: Google suite, word processing, light Excel/database/project management
- Professional, personable demeanor with flexibility and integrity
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with administrators, faculty, staff, parents, and Board
- Commitment to the intellectual, moral, personal, and physical growth of young people
- Able to work some evenings and weekends, as required
- Ability to obtain and maintain all requirements for Program Supervisor for DCYF-licensed child care centers, including background check clearance, ongoing training, and all necessary education verification and trainings
- Significant school administrative experience, particularly independent schools
- Teaching experience
- Nonprofit experience
- AMI Montessori training and experience, and/or Early Learning
This is a full-time, 12 month, exempt position reporting to the Head of School.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
PCS is an equal opportunity employer, and as such, believes that each individual is entitled to equal opportunity without regard to sex, color, race, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal or state anti-discrimination laws.
About Pacific Crest School
Pacific Crest, a private, non-profit school established in 1985, offers a vibrant learning environment for 220 children ages 3 through Eighth Grade at both our urban campus in Seattle and 19-acre farm on Vashon Island. We are committed to AMI Montessori, and believe in respectful and caring environments; commitment to the support of human development; belief in the potential of each and every child; and support on the path to independence.