PMA is committed to creating a diverse and high quality learning environment for students of all abilities to reach their full potential. Applicants must be dedicated to the Montessori philosophy, and possess the ability to adapt to the changing needs of children and the school environment. The Montessori Elementary Teacher will lead children enrolled in the Elementary Classroom.
● Writes and delivers lesson plans that are engaging, effective, and aligns with the Montessori philosophy.
● Implements classroom instruction that supports the socio-emotional growth of students.
● Cultivates positive, collaborative relationships with families through the use of consistent communication.
● Ability to develop relationships and work collaboratively with students, parents, teachers and other staff members to promote positive student outcomes.
● Assesses and evaluates student growth; develops action plans on a class-wide, group-wide, and individual basis in response to student data.
● Creates a classroom culture that aligns with the school’s vision which is to ensure that students of all abilities reach their potential for learning.
● Participates in an annual staff orientation, summer training, and summer retreat.
About Penfield Montessori Academy
Penfield Montessori Academy (PMA) is an innovative, independent, public, urban Charter School with an inclusive Montessori framework. The Vision for (PMA), a K3-8th grade school includes: Lead with Love, Grow with Us, Better Together, Do What it Takes and Be Present.
The mission is to provide solid academic, social/emotional and health experiences for students of all abilities to be best prepared to enter high school. The pillars of the school include: Inclusive Montessori Education, Family Engagement and Health and Wellness.
PMA, established in 2016, is an inquiry and observation-based learning environment where students are guided with personalized instruction. PMA is chartered through the University of Wisconsin- Milwaukee. PMA is a membership nonprofit organization with one member, Penfield Children’s Center.