POSITION: LEAD TODDLER TEACHER (Rochester, Minnesota)
Rochester Montessori School is seeking a Toddler Guide (lead teacher) who is excited to work collaboratively within the toddler team. As the lead guide, this position applies their expertise to create, inspire and direct learning to meet the needs of children individually. This position is responsible for preparing an environment that is suitable for children from 18-months through 3 years of age.
- Montessori certification from an accredited organization (AMS, AMI, MACTE, etc) or a Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education (or similar) and a desire to complete a Montessori diploma
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Experience working with diverse students and families
- A passion for supporting children’s cognitive, emotional, social and physical growth
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience in a Montessori toddler community preferred
- Ability to analyze student behavior and apply appropriate intervention
- Strong organizational and classroom management skills, ability to multi-task and self-initiative required
RMS offers health insurance, paid sick time and holidays, a simple retirement plan, professional development opportunities, tuition discounts, beautiful working environments, and the opportunity to work with a passionate community of educators who are dedicated to nourishing children’s natural love of learning.
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. To learn more about RMS, please visit https://rmschool.org. Qualified applicants may also email Deborah@rmschool.org with any questions.
RMS is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation or any other protected class.
About Rochester Montessori School
RMS is a private school that has educated children for over 50 years starting in a private home in 1968 with only 12 children. Today, the school is situated on a beautiful 15 acre campus where a complete Montessori education is offered for children from 18 months through the eighth grade. For students in grades 6, 7, and 8, RMS is both a Montessori School and an authorized International Baccalaureate (IB) World School. The growth and success of RMS could not have happened without our highly qualified staff and the support of our community. Great pride is taken in the fact that the Montessori philosophy has been embraced and continues to thrive at RMS and the greater Rochester area.