We are looking for a qualified Montessori teacher to join our Sundance Family. We are looking for someone who enjoys being with children ages 3-6, energetic, friendly, positive, reliable and committed to the quality education of children.
* Manages arrival and dismissal, helps children become involved in classroom activities.
* Oversees classroom activities and cares for outdoor environments.
* Attends to care of classroom environment as outlined by the Lead Teacher
* Responsible for restocking and repairing classroom supplies and materials.
* Maintains overview of classroom at all times.
* Shares responsibility for the safety and physical well-being of the children at all times.
* Re-directs children who may be working non-productively.
* Assists with establishing ground rules and implementing positive discipline techniques.
* Can communicate effectively with children.
* Montessori Experience is highly recommended
* Minimum of 1-year experience working in a Montessori classroom
* High school diploma and 12 core ECE units
* First Aid and CPR certification
* Meet school/state health requirements, including TB test and physical
* Friendly disposition; get along well with colleagues and parents
* Able to manage students in the classroom and on the playground
* Work and relate well with children
* Be prepared to take on extra duties as necessary
* Willing to further education and training
Please respond by email and include your resume and transcripts
About Sundance Montessori
Sundance Montessori is a small private school located in the Historic District of Folsom