- Provides leadership in setting, implementing, and reporting broad goals and curriculum objectives for the school.
- Executes financial responsibilities by establishing a budget, controlling budget expenditures, overseeing petty cash disbursements and having knowledge of income and expenditure records and a year-end budget analysis.
- Builds and maintains good community relations
- Ensures the physical environment is maintained and appropriate space and equipment is available for current needs as well as planning for the future.
- Determines the state and local requirements that must be met regarding licensing, health and safety regulations.
- Plans for health and safety by maintaining an adequate health program for the school, referring families to community agencies for special assistance when necessary, keeping informed of the school’s legal responsibilities in relation to safety and planning activities for staff and children to teach safety and emergency first aid procedures.
- Works closely with the Board of Directors and the Charter Institute at Erskine to ensure that all federal, state and local reporting is completed and the charter contract requirements are being met.
- Coordinates staff relationships by recruiting and hiring staff members, preparing and maintaining job descriptions for each position, formulating and implementing Human Resources policies, preparing and maintaining a current policy and procedure manual, evaluating staff performance and re-hires or dismisses staff.
- Assist staff in interpreting children’s progress through various methods and relaying such information to the child’s parent / guardian.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
About The Montessori School of Camden
Founded in 1979 as a Montessori preschool program in a traditional private school, in 1985 MSC became an independent 501(C)(3) nonprofit organization, governed by a Board of Trustees and led by a Head of School. In 2018 it converted to a public charter school. In 2017 the school was accredited by Montessori Educational Programs International (MEPI) and is the only school in the state accredited by a Montessori professional society. Beginning in July of 2020 the school will consist of a teaching faculty of 11, 115 students, and age levels from Infant through Middle School as well as an after-school program, located on an 11-acre campus in a charming Southern town. MSC operates a 180-day school year in four equal quarters spaced evenly across the calendar year, and offers “intersession” special programs in between. The school plans to expand further until it consists of 14 classrooms and 280 students. We value socio-economic, racial and cultural diversity and enjoy a supportive parent body. Our programs are creating independent and confident learners who are excited about their future. Visit the school’s web site at www.montessori-camden.com and Facebook page for more information.