3-6 Guide / Teacher
Vancouver Montessori School
Vancouver Montessori School is looking to add a Full-Time Montessori Trained Primary Guide to join our team for the 2022-2023 school year. The ideal candidate will be Montessori certified through an AMI or AMS accredited training program. Experience is preferred, but this could be a great opportunity for a newly trained candidate to join an energetic team.
Vancouver Montessori School is located in Vancouver, Washington, conveniently located off I-205. Our school has 2 toddler classrooms and recently opened a 5th primary classroom.
Our Ideal Candidate:
· A commitment to becoming an active part of our staff, parent, and child community
· A strong commitment to Montessori method and philosophy
· High level of flexibility and willingness to work within business hours
· Prepare the classroom environment daily to address the needs of the children
· Maintain a nurturing and patient demeanor to facilitate a calm and positive atmosphere
· Provide students with effective instruction/modeling/interventions in various behavioral areas.
· Document and share with parents the important milestones in a child’s day
· Make and maintain regular, positive contact with parents via phone calls, email and/or home visits including communicating student progress.
· Establish and maintain effective written and oral communication and rapport with students, parents and colleagues.
· Participate in parent meetings, including IEP’s and Parent/Teacher Conferences.
· Experience working with a diverse community of children and families, and be wiling to work as an active team member.
Minimum Job Requirements:
· Current and cleared TB test.
· Fully COVID vaccinated
· Proof of immunity from measles (MMR)
· Background Check
· Infant/Child CPR/First Aid, Bloodborne Pathogens.
· Food handlers Permit
· STARS/MERIT must have 30 hours upon start date.
VMS offers an excellent compensation package including:
· Salary aligned with experience
· Medical, Vision, and Dental benefits
· Generous paid holidays, sick days and vacation days
· Opportunities for professional advancement
Typical hours for the position will be Monday through Friday 7:30 AM-4:00 PM. With occasional evening and weekend events.
Wage Range: Salary Position $40,000 to $50,000 depending upon experience.
Tell us about your passion for education and the Montessori philosophy in your letter and send along with your resume to our Director, Trisha at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.
About Vancouver Montessori School
Private Montessori School nestled in all-natural landscape.