The nationally accredited Walnut Farm Montessori School provides a Montessori education honoring community and individuality by promoting peace, and empowering children for life-long learning.
Our staff is committed to this mission and enables it to come to fruition.
We are currently accepting applications for a Lower Elementary Teacher to join our team in our elementary program.
The teacher/ guide will work in conjunction with the Head of School, and the Elementary Team to educate first through third year children in accordance with the Walnut Farm Montessori School mission, the principles of Montessori educational philosophy and practices, the curriculum and the policies of Walnut Farm Montessori School. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Prepare lessons in accordance with the curriculum of Walnut Farm Montessori School, its mission, and Montessori philosophy
· Develop, review and update curriculum and scope of sequence maps as needed in conjunction with the Elementary teaching team and Head of School
· Mentor and continually provide support to classroom assistant(s)
· Maintain a beautiful Montessori environment that fosters independence and curiosity
· Prepare bi-annual goals and objectives for professional development
· Participate in on-going professional development and support our re-accreditation process every seven years
· Prepare for and participate in parent education and conference
· Attend regularly scheduled faculty meetings
· Establish and maintain a positive and professional relationship with students, parents and other teachers and personnel
· Comply with the established policies and procedures of Walnut Farm Montessori School as stated in the Faculty and Staff Handbook
Montessori Elementary I Credential or Elementary I and II Credential from an Accredited Montessori Training Program
Strong work ethic- willingness to work hard and go above and beyond duties, sense of humor and passion for working with Elementary aged children
Preferred: Minimum of two years teaching experience, preferably Montessori
Walnut Farm is located in Bentonville; a beautiful town in Northwest Arkansas of approximately 50,000 residence. We are home to Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art, the Amazeum children’s museum, an art and food district, world class mountain biking and hiking trails that provide picturesque scenes of deciduous trees and clear streams, and a greenway connecting us to other local cities. We are also close to state parks and the Buffalo River National Park.
Please visit our website for more information about our wonderful school and to find an application: Walnutfarmmontessori.org
Applications and resumes may be emailed to WFMS Head of School, Lynette Goss at firstname.lastname@example.org
Compensation: Commensurate with Experience
Walnut Farm Montessori School has an institutional commitment to the principles of diversity. In that spirit, WFMS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, physical challenge, national or ethnic origin, ancestry or any other characteristics.
About Walnut Farm Montessori School
Our school is located on a beautiful six-acre campus currently serving children 18 months to 9 years of age.